- You’re at a business event – how do you work the room like a pro?
- And how do follow that up with effective networking?
- (BTW, working a room and networking are not the same thing, as we’ll discover.)
- In short, how do you build powerful business and personal relationships with the people you meet?
That’s what we’ll be talking about today with bestselling author of ‘How to Work a Room’ Susan RoAne.
Susan RoAne is a professional speaker, author and expert on a subject that a lot of people struggle with, but which is vital for business success, and that is: networking and building relationships. She’s given over 1,000 keynote speeches on the subject and is the bestselling author of multiple books including the world famous ‘How to Work a Room’, which recently celebrated its 25th anniversary.
In total she’s sold an amazing over 1 million books and counting!
Susan is regularly quoted in the media and has appeared in The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, CNN.com, Forbes and many others.
And today she’s going to talk to us about ‘meeting, mixing and mingling’ to build our businesses, networks and client relationships.
An online business resource Susan loves is…
- Susan loves Twitter as a great way to connect and build relationships with people.
Susan‘s recommended book:
Susan‘s favourite quote:
“What’s let go of leaves room for what’s to come.” — Anon
How to connect with Susan
- If you’d like Susan to speak at your event, company or conference she answers her own phone – who knew?! You can call her on (415) 461 3915 (and +1 to the start if you’re outside the US)
- You can find out more about Susan and check out her blog and resources by visiting SusanRoAne.com
- Connect with Susan on Twitter @susanroane
Don’t miss another episode!
iTunes loves to see new subscribers! It’s a huge part of their ranking algorithm. So if you enjoyed the show and you want more then click the big “can’t miss it” yellow button below to subscribe via iTunes. You’ll also be doing me a big favour by helping to support the podcast. 🙂